The city of lights, the city of Love… Paris in the Springtime is a truly unique experience. Poets have written about it and endless movies and photographs have been trying to capture the breathtaking atmosphere of this city. Personally, I love Paris, especially at this time of the year and it was this wonderful capital that inspired me to design April’s wedding theme!
Bellow are some ideas on how to create the perfect Parisian wedding:
- Choose a palette of soft colors. Blush, light pink, ivory, coral, rose gold and mint are all fantastic choices;
- Decorate your venue with gorgeous mirrors, round tables with ivory linens and golden rimmed china;
- Your invitations set the tone for the celebration. Therefore, pick a template resembling a vintage postcard from Paris in the 1920s;
- Rose bubbly is the ideal drink to toast to the occasion;
- Spread pink rose petals along the aisle to add an extra romantic aura to the ceremony;
- For the wedding cake, choose a three layer cake with rose gold icing adorned with coral, ivory and light pink natural flowers;
- Let your guests enjoy a dessert buffet with the most indulgent and elegant treats. Don’t forget the French macaroons – they are the latest trend!
For the bride, I suggest look that is unique and yet extremely elegant and that screams romance!
- Pick a blush colored wedding dress in a ball gown shape made of incredibly soft and light fabrics;
- For the hair, choose a loose up-do or half way up, half down. Make it extra voluminous and slightly messy. Another fantastic idea is to have a birdcage veil in the same tone as the dress framing the bride’s face;
- Choose a gorgeous rose gold nail polish and keep your make-up extremely soft with emphasis on the eyes;
- To complete the look, pick a bouquet of pink flowers with some light green and purple for additional texture.